Fun & Easy Strawberry Paper Craft with Handprint Stem
Summer is coming and with it fresh strawberries! I know in lots of areas you get fresh strawberries more often but in Maine we have a short picking window that starts in late June and runs a few weeks into July. I love picking strawberries and eating them. Every year we take a family trip to our local farm and pick our own strawberries. I decided to make this Strawberry Paper Craft to remind me of summer and picking strawberries.
- Strawberry template (optional – I downloaded one here).
- Red and green construction paper
- Glue Stick
- Print a template to trace – see the link above or freehand draw the shape of a strawberry onto red construction paper.
- Have your child cut out the strawberry.
- Trace a stem and your child’s handprint on green construction paper.
- Have your child cut the handprint and stem out.
- Have your child use a glue stick to attach both the stem and the handprint to the strawberry.
- Have your child pick the color marker they want and draw on dots for the strawberries seeds.
Display your child’s beautiful artwork!
This post is part of a Free Unit Study on Strawberries – click the links below for additional resources.
Find the Letter: S is for Strawberries from 3 Boys and a Dog
Strawberries Nature Study from The Usual Mayhem
Strawberry and Gardening Books for Kids from CraftCreateCalm
Fun & Easy Strawberry Paper Craft with Handprint Stem from Crafty Mama in ME
Strawberry Number Recognition Free Printable from Something 2 Offer
Strawberry Moon Outdoor Activities for Kids from FrogMom
How To Make Strawberry Shortcake from Tales of Education at Home
Strawberry Picking Sight Word Games from Books and Giggles
Strawberry Friends Printable Student Planner Free Pages from Look! We’re Learning!
S is for Strawberry Letter Maze from Simple Fun for Kids
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade from The Jenny Evolution
Preschool Strawberry Math from Schooling a Monkey