Fall is one of my favorite seasons (the only thing I’m not fond of is that it leads to winter!). I love doing fall projects with the kids. Now that Boo Boo has started kindergarten its tough to find time for her to do all of the projects. I do them with Buddy while she is at school and she gets upset that she didn’t get to do them. So I’m trying to figure out a new schedule – we will see how that goes.
We have done suncatchers before and the kids love them so here is an apple themed version.
- Red construction paper
- Contact paper
- Tissue paper in red and green
- Scotch tape
- First I cut an apple shape out of red construction paper (Boo Boo informed me it looks more like a pumpkin!).
- Once the apple shape was finished I cut my contact paper to fit the apple.
- After the contact paper was the correct size, I peeled the backing and taped it to the table sticky side up.
- I stuck the apple shape down.
- Finally I cut the tissue paper into small squares and then I called Buddy to the table.
- When Buddy got to the table I had him pick what colors of tissue paper he wanted to use.
- Once he picked his colors he started sticking down tissue paper to fill up the inside of his apple.
- While Buddy was working on filling in his apple I cut the piece of contact paper for the top.
- After he finished he helped me peel the backing from the contact paper and stick it down.
- After we sealed the two pieces of contact paper to each other I used the scissors and trimmed off any excess contact paper.
Buddy picked which window he wanted the apple hung in and we stuck it up with two pieces of scotch tape. This was a nice easy project that can be done for an season in pretty much any shape.
Here are the links to our other suncatcher projects:
Join us in our celebration of all things apple during #AppleWeek!
Monday: Appetizers and Drinks
Apple Pie Martini by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Apple Pie Smoothie by Feeding Big
Caramel Apple Float by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Caramel Apple Martini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Caramel Appletini by The Speckled Palate
Hot and Boozy Caramel Apple Cider by Love My Messy Messy Mess
Hot Fireball Apple Cider by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Mulled Apple Shrub Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Spice Crockpot Apple Sauce by I Say Nomato
Red Hot Apple Cider by New South Charm
Roasted Apple and Acorn Squash Soup by Caroline’s Cooking
Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Tuesday: Main Dishes and Sides
Apple Cheddar Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Chicken Salad with Apples and Cranberries by Feeding Big
Chopped Apple Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Fall Apples Become Yummy Applesauce for the Year by Crafty Mama in ME
Harvest Brats with Apple Slaw by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
Sausage Stuffed Apples by A Palatable Pastime
Sage Pork Chops with Apple Pan Gravy by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Scalloped Apples Casserole by Red Cottage Chronicles
Slow Cooker Apple Cider Pulled Pork by Cooking With Carlee
Southern Style Fried Apples by New South Charm
Wednesday: Sweet Treats
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread by Feeding Big
Apple Dumplings by A Palatable Pastime
Apple Oatmeal Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Apple Pie & Cinnamon Things by Crafty Mama in ME
Apple Pie in a Jar by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Apple Swirl Buns by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Baked Apples with Chocolate and Caramel by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Brown Butter Apples by Cricket’s Confections
Mini Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Nana’s Apple Pie by The Crumby Cupcake
Sparkling Cider Pound Cake by Family Around The Table
Thursday: Apple Projects
Apple Bacon Jam by Caroline’s Cooking
Knit Apple Hat by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Friday: Anything Apple Goes
1 Minute Caramel Apple Dip by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
Apple Cinnamon Shortcakes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Apple Crisp Shortbread Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Apple Fritters by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Apple Pie Skillet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Caramelized Apple and Bacon Jam Crostini by Caroline’s Cooking
Creamy Peanut Butter Apple Dip by New South Charm
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Apple and Peppered Bacon by Feeding Big
Smoky Apple Pulled Pork by Amy’s Cooking Adventures