***This post is sponsored by Family Flora, all opinions are my own***
How to Keep your Family Healthy while Traveling
Do you love to travel as a family but always find that someone gets sick? We travel with our children frequently and I find the key to a successful trip is in the planning and preparation. The same goes for staying healthy while traveling – with a little time spent planning you can save a ton of heartache (and for that matter stomachaches!). Read on for my list of 5 tips to keep your family health while traveling.
The level of planning for your trip depends on where you are planning to travel – if you are traveling out of the country there are more factors to consider.
- Check with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in the Traveler’s Health section to research the country you will be traveling to. You can get information tailored to your travel party (i.e traveling with children). You can find information on vaccinations and how to stay healthy while on your trip.
- Take a probiotic such as Family Flora’s Daily Balance (or Daily Junior Balance for kids aged 2-14) prior to the trip to help build up the friendly bacteria. Continue taking on the trip and for adults consider bringing Traveler’s Relief with you.
- Wash hands frequently – if you can’t wash use hand sanitizer or use antibacterials wipes. You can’t avoid coming into contact with germs but you can do your best to eliminate them.
- Stay hydrated – if you are going on long flights or rides people have the tendency to drink less to avoid using the bathroom.
- Eat a balanced diet – while traveling people have a tendency to eat out which usually means more fried foods and sweets. Strive to eat your fruits and veggies too!
I was provided with a sample of the Family Flora Traveler’s Relief to try and think it is great. The stick packaging is great as it is pre-measured for you and easy to take with you when traveling. I have added the Traveler’s Relief straight to cold water and don’t mind the taste. The taste is minimal and would definitely be masked by any cold flavored beverage (juice, milk, etc.). You can mix any of the Family Flora products with your favorite cold food or beverage so it’s super easy to take (even for children!).
Do you have any trips coming up that you would like be prepared for? A healthy balance of friendly and unfriendly bacteria is essential for staying well this time of year. Family Flora Traveler’s Support probiotic + prebiotic delivers a two-culture combination plus non-GMO prebiotic formula that can help restore the balance of good bacteria, and keep you feeling your best.
The kids love heading out on our family adventures and we surely do as well. I loving being able to provide some extra protection to our health by using Family Flora products.
Enter for a chance to win a 6 month supply of Family Flora!
If you want to test out Family Flora click below for a $3 off coupon
I am planning a road trip to New Mexico!
That sounds like fun! Road trips can be a lot of fun with the spontaneity of random stops along the way 🙂
We travel nearby within an hour or two to see family and friends.
Have a fun trip!