Kids in the Kitchen: Easy Patriotic Animal Crackers
Do your kids like to help in the kitchen? Mine surely do! I love when they can make an entire snack all by themselves. Pull together three simple ingredients to let you kids make easy patriotic animal crackers.
- Chocolate animal crackers
- Wilton Candy melts (white)
- Patriotic sprinkles
- Set up a workstation with a piece of wax paper.
- Heat the candy melts according to the package directions.
- Pour the melted candy into a plastic squeeze bottle (Wilton makes one that you can buy in a candy section) or in a piping bag.
- While you are melting the wafers and getting it ready have your child line up some animal crackers in rows on the wax paper.
- Once the melted chocolate is ready show your child how to squeeze the bottle or piping bag and go up and down a few rows.
- Put patriotic sprinkles on the melted candy on top of the animal crackers (you have to do this fast as the candy hardens very quickly).
- Allow candy a few minutes to harden thoroughly.
- Store leftover patriotic animal crackers in an airtight container.
Join our Patriotic Themed Kindergarten Unit Study Blog Hop below:
Patriotic Printable for Tots and Preschoolers from Homeschool Preschool
4th of July Skip Counting Puzzles from Simple Fun for Kids
July 4th Coloring Pages (Color by letter/sight word) from Mrs. Karle’s Sight and Sound Reading
Our Favourite Patriotic books from Play & Learn Every Day
Patriotic Paint Bombs from Schooling a Monkey
Star 1-20 Number Recognition Free Printable from Something 2 Offer