Are you looking for the perfect snack for a party or gathering? Do you love a mix of sweet and salty? For our family the perfect snack at all parties and gatherings is party mix. The kids were excited to mix up this Patriotic Party Mix. What kids wouldn’t love to help make party mix when they get to be the official “taste testers”?
- Captain America Cereal
- White cheddar popcorn
- White chocolate covered pretzels
- Chocolate animal crackers (visit this page for instructions on making them patriotic!)
- Red, white and blue M&M’s
- Red, white and blue peanut M&M’s
- Find a large airtight container to mix your party mix in (that will also serve for storage)
- If making without kids just add all ingredients to the bowl and mix
- Making party mix with the kids I have them alternate picking what ingredient they want to put in next.
- I give each of them a 1 cup measuring cup and they each add 1 cup of the selected ingredient.
- Next the kids sample the ingredient (quality assurance at its finest).
- We repeat the process until all ingredients are added.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Sample the party mix.
- Put the lid on and store until party time.
If you are looking for more patriotic inspiration check out the links from our Fourth of July Free Unit Study below.
4th of July Children’s Books from The Jenny Evolution
Star Spangled Banner Buddy from Play Dough & Popsicles
Star A-Z Letter Recognition Worksheet from Something 2 Offer
4th of July Pom Pom Flag Activity from CraftCreateCalm
4th of July Word Search from The Letters of Literacy
Patriotic Stars Count and Clip Cards from The Kindergarten Connection
Confetti Fireworks from Schooling a Monkey
July 4th Math Worksheet from iGameMom
5 DIY Rockets for Kids to Launch Outside from FrogMom
4th of July Coloring Pages from Year Round Homeschooling
July 4th Puzzle Pack from Embark on the Journey
DIY Water Table with Red, White, and Blue Activities from Living Montessori Now
July 4th Coloring Pages from Mrs. Karle’s Sight and Sound Reading
Kid-Made Patriotic Parfaits from Preschool Powol Packets