Kids in the Kitchen: Rainbow and Pot of Gold Brownies
Do your kids love to help you in the kitchen? Are you looking for recipes to share with your kids that are easy to make and fun? Below you will find the recipe and instructions to create your own Rainbow and Pot of Gold Brownies that your kids will surely love!
- 1 box of brownie mix (plus ingredients on box – typically eggs, oil, and water)
- Regular sized marshmallows
- White Frosting (homemade or store bought or melted white chocolate)
- Sour Dudes Sour Belts Candy (or something similar)
- Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (or any other small candy in a gold wrapper)
This is a great recipe to make with children. My kids helped to make the brownies and also each assembled their own Rainbow and Pot of Gold Brownies. Of course they also helped eat the finished product!
- Make brownies according to directions on the box. Scoop into cupcake tins (roughly 1/2 full) and bake according to package directions.
- Remove from oven and let cool thoroughly.
- Cut marshmallows in half – stretch them to make them look more like clouds
- Adhere the marshmallows to the top of the brownie with frosting
- Trim the rainbow if necessary to get correct length (I cut off roughly half an inch)
- Adhere the rainbow to the marshmallows with frosting
- Adhere the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup to the brownie under the rainbow
- Let sit to harden
Do you have any special St. Patrick’s day recipes that you make with your kids? Please share in the comments below! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!