Under the Sea Fun Octopus Vegetable Platter
Do you have a get together coming up? If so be sure to impress with an Under the Sea Octopus Vegetable Platter. This could be great for themed birthday parties and definitely perfect for a Finding Dory party. The platter is simple to make and honestly won’t take any extra ingredients (other than the candy eyes) above and beyond a normal vegetable platter.
- Red pepper
- Yellow pepper
- Orange pepper
- Ranch vegetable dip
- Candy eyes (I used Wilton Brand that I found at JoAnn Fabrics)
- Any other vegetables you would like to include
- Cut up the vegetables – you could use whatever your family favorites are. I cut up some colored peppers, cucumbers, and celery and used baby carrots
- Cut the top off one pepper for the body of the octopus
- Using another pepper of the same color cut out eight legs
- Attach candy eyeballs (or you could use black olives) with a dab of ranch dressing on the back
- Place the vegetables in a serving tray (a tray with sections is helpful).
- Fill the center of the tray with ranch dip
- Put the octopus body on top of the dressing and arrange the eight legs out on top of the other veggies
This post is part of a Free Unit Study on Aquariums – click the links below for some other great resources.
Aquarium Animals Letter Find Worksheets from 3 Boys and a Dog
Aquarium Arithmetic Seek and Find from Look! We’re Learning!
Fish Books for Kids from The Jenny Evolution
How Fish Breathe – A Science Experiment from Tales of Education at Home
Fun Things to See at the Newport Aquarium from Something 2 Offer
Aquarium Scavenger Hunt Printable for Kids from CraftCreateCalm
Aquarium in a Bottle: Ocean Sensory Idea from A Little Pinch of Perfect
Aquarium I Spy from Schooling a Monkey
Snorkeling with Kids in Thailand: A Live Aquarium from FrogMom