With Valentine’s Day being one of my favorite holidays, I love to make all sorts of things inspired by the special day. We like to have special Valentine’s Day Treats that we make together. We also like to really decorate the house with some store bought décor but most of it is handmade (and a lot of it is Valentines décor made by the kids!). We try to do at least one special Valentine themed craft or activity on the days leading up to the holiday. We like to give our creations to the nearest and dearest people in our lives. It’s nice to spread love all year but it’s fun to have an extra special day to do so. Here are some of our favorite making projects for Valentine’s Day.
- Do your kids like weaving projects? Mine do and I’m glad because I like the fine motor aspect of the activity as well as the super fun results. This Heart Weaving project can be done with essentially any color of yarn to make the craft as individual as your child.
- I just love suncatchers. I think they are a beautiful way to add color to a window, especially in the dreary winter months. These Heart Suncatchers are absolutely perfect for Valentine’s décor!
- Puffy paint is seriously one of my favorite types of paint! I love how different the beginning is from the end. These super cute Puffy Paint Hearts make the perfect statement pieces for a Valentine’s Day garland!
- Sometimes it is hard to find a way to display ALL of your child’s art. This Heart Art is such a stunning way to display a child’s artwork! This also makes one heck of a gift!
- These 3D Paper Hearts can be personalized to fit the Valentine’s Day color scheme or with your favorite colors. A child could create patterns or solid. The options are endless with these super cute hearts!
- My love of paper crafts continues with these unbelievably easy Paper Hearts. These hearts would also make a fantastic banner or garland!
- Another canvas art project that can literally be done by any age. The result is beautiful enough for a museum and your children will be so proud of their masterpieces!
- This little guy is just too cute for words! I love that this Felt Heart Mobile can start out as a Valentine decoration but then would be so cute in a child’s room for an everyday decoration!
- Fingerprint crafts are one of my favorites to keep from my children. As their hands grow I can remember how small they once were from the artwork. This Fingerprint Tree is the perfect sentimental Valentine’s Day craft. Sure to bring some tears to my eyes in 5 years!
A lot of these art projects are ones that I would want to see in my house the whole year through. And if not they are ones that will be kept in a box forever and ever! Valentine’s Day is so full of love and I enjoy so much creating crafts and art projects with my kids to celebrate such a wonderful holiday.