This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS. All opinions are mine alone. #BOOItForward #CollectiveBias
How To Create A BOO Kit Your Child’s Teacher Will Love
Have you ever heard of BOO’ing? Or have you been BOO’d? I had not even heard of BOO’ing until this year – but I love the concept. Keep reading to find out how you #BOOItForward this year. Instead of a traditional pumpkin bucket I created an upscale BOO Kit your child’s teacher will love!
So how do you BOO someone you ask? It’s SIMPLE!
- Make a BOO Bundle.
- Secretly Deliver it.
- BOO it Forward.
Since I decided to create BOO kit’s for my children’s teachers I decided to do a more upscale look. I wanted to make sure the base of the kit was something the teachers would be able to re-purpose and use in their classrooms. I also included small items that they could give out to their students. I personalized each BOO kit to the teacher receiving it. Our children’s teachers spend so much out of their pockets each year on our children that I enjoy when I can help them out – especially in such a fun way!
I headed out to my local Walmart to pick up the majority of the materials I needed to create my BOO kits. Walmart is a one-stop shop for building a creative BOO’ing Kit this Halloween. You can shop in store or from the comfort of your home at Walmart.com and find everything you could need to BOO friends or neighbors this year. I picked up candy, stickers, treat bags, fun A&W® Root Beer mini monster cans and much more all in one place!
Check out this awesome Ibotta offer to save you some money while shopping!
- Basket (I used a sturdy plastic basket)
- Fall colored burlap (3 inch wide)
- Fall colored ribbon (wire edge – 3 inch wide)
- Pipe cleaner
- Fake flowers (optional)
- Hot glue gun
- American Greetings® treat or candy bags
- American Greetings® Halloween stickers
- American Greetings® tissue paper
- Halloween Pencils
- Halloween paper bucket
- Assorted candy including: SNICKERS® Fun Size, M&M’S® Fun Size, TWIX® Fun Size, Skittles® Original Fun Size, Starburst® Fun Size, Life Savers® Gummies Fun Size
- A&W Root Beer mini monster cans (7.5 oz monster can)
- Find these limited edition cans in-store at your local Walmart!
- After purchase visit www.minimonsters.com to download the Mini Monsters Augmented Reality App. Watch as the monster on each can comes to life with an augmented reality experience and interact with each other!
- Personal Gift (one teacher had requested snacks for the class for students that forgot theirs so I provided a nice air tight container full of animal crackers, the other teacher wanted a big jug of glue to refill the bottles in the classroom)
- Print out a BOO kit card at BOOItForward.com
- Attach the burlap to your basket with hot glue (I made sure to attach mine under the handles so it was still functional).
- Make your bow with the wired ribbon.
- Cut a long length of ribbon (mine was 4-1/2 feet).
- Fold the ribbon over 4 times – leaving a tail on both ends.
- Use a pipe cleaner to gather the ribbon in the center.
- Hot glue a flower on the front of the ribbon .
- Fluff up the ribbon.
- Hot glue the bow on top of the seam where the burlap came together.
- Place Halloween tissue paper in the paper bucket and place candy inside it.
- Put together any personal gifts for your child’s teacher (I bought items for the teachers that I knew that they wanted for their classrooms).
- Fill the basket with all of the goodies you purchased and add some additional Halloween tissue paper to fill in the empty spaces.
- Print out the BOO kit card (found at BOOItForward.com).
- Add the BOO kit card.
- Secretly deliver the BOO kit!
I had so much fun creating these BOO Kits and can’t wait to continue the tradition next year! Who knows who we will BOO now that we have started 🙂