Cute and Easy Mommy & Me Lobster Footprint craft
I love making crafts with my kids and most of the time they enjoy making them with me 🙂 I recently decided to join a great group of Kid Bloggers in the A-Z of Animal Series. I picked the letter “L” and made a decidedly Maine craft. We made a super easy but also super cute Mommy & Me Lobster Footprint craft. My son was so excited to trace my foot for the project and I’m sure your child will be happy as well!
- Red Construction Paper
- Red Pipe Cleaner
- 2 Googly eyes (small size)
- Black Marker
- Gather all materials prior to having your child join you.
- Have your child take of their socks and trace both of their feet on red construction paper with a pencil.
- Take off one of your socks and have your child trace your foot (if they are able).
- Cut out the traced footprints (if your child is old enough this would be a perfect opportunity for them to practice their cutting skills).
- Apply a dot of glue to the bottom of each child footprint.
- Position the child footprints (claws) off to the sides of the heel of the adult footprint (body) and stick (we referenced google for a picture of a lobster).
- Apply two small dots of glue near the top of the heel of the adult footprint and stick the googly eyes down.
- Fold the red pipe cleaner in half and cut in the middle (you will probably need to do this for your child).
- Apply two small dots of glue to the top of the heel to and stick both of the red pipe cleaners (antennas) down. You will need to apply pressure while they are drying so they adhere – possibly place a book or other heavy object on top of them. (Optional – use hot glue to adhere the antennas so they dry quickly)
We finished this craft in under 30 minutes – you will need to allow some drying time to ensure your antennas are secure (or just pop out the hot glue gun). My son ran happily upstairs to show his dad the cute lobster we made!
This Mommy & Me Lobster Footprint craft is letter “L” of The A-Z of Animal Series.
Take a look back at yesterdays letter “K” craft – a cute and cuddly Koala & Joey from Danya Banya.
You can expect loads of fun crafts and activities for each letter of the alphabet! 26 Animal crafts and activities your kids will adore! Click on the image below to find all of the other letters in the A-Z of Animals Series hosted by Teach Me Mommy.