Easy Kid Made Handprint Heart Valentines
Do you work at a daycare or volunteer with a girl scout or boy scout troop? If so you might be looking for a fun and easy Valentine’s project to do with your group. These Easy Kid Made Handprint Heart Valentines are great keepsakes for parents and include a poem. I did a test run with Boo Boo prior to heading to Buddy’s Pre-K class to make them with the whole class. The finished product is so cute 🙂
- Heart shaped doilies
- Pink or red paint
- Paint brushes
- Poem (free printable here: Valentine Poem Printable)
- Scissors (I used a pair of Fiskars Paper Edgers for a fancy edge)
- Glue Stick
- Pass out the heart shaped doilies and poems
- Have kids sign their names to the poem
- Next have the kids use the glue stick and adhere the poem either to the bottom of the heart or one of the top edges (we did the handprint first but for a group setting that wouldn’t work as the amount of time allocated wouldn’t allow the paint to dry prior to adhering the poem).
- Have kids line up to have their hand painted with either pink or red paint
- Once the kids have completed their handprints place the Valentines somewhere to dry
- Give to parents!
These are cute and easy but will make kids feel so proud when they hand them to their parents. I know as a parent I love any handprint projects as it allows me to capture that moment in time. These Valentines are the type of project that I put away and save for the kids when they are adults. Do you keep special projects like this?