Kids in the Kitchen: Fast & Easy Snowman Cupcakes
Winter is here – celebrate your love of the snow by making this adorable cupcakes (or maybe just eat the cupcakes to forget about the snow!). If you are looking for a fun and easy snow day activity head to the kitchen and make a batch of these super fast & easy snowman cupcakes.
- Boxed cake mix (any flavor) plus ingredients listed on the package
- Can of frosting (I bought blue but you could also buy white and color it with blue food coloring)
- Peeps Snowmen
- White Sugar Crystals
- Mix and bake cupcakes according to package
- Cool completely
- Frost with blue frosting
- Stick the Snowman on top of the cupcake so it is standing up
- Decorate the top of the cupcake with white sugar crystals to make it sparkle
My kids love helping make cupcakes, they take turns adding ingredients to the stand mixer and love to put the papers into the muffin tins. They stay til the end because they love to lick the spatula! When it is time to decorate they eagerly come to help. They work for the promise of licks of frosting and Peeps when we finish!
So in under 3 hours – start to finish you will end up with some fun snowman cupcakes. What a perfect addition to your snow day right?