How to Make a Halloween Wreath for Under Five Dollars
Do you love to decorate for the holidays but dislike how expensive decorations can be? I usually purchase decorations on clearance after the holiday for the next year or make my own to save money. Keep reading to learn how to make your own DIY Halloween Wreath for under five dollars!
- Hefty Ultra Strong Kitchen Trash Bags with Arm & Hammer Odor Control
- Small wreath form
- Small ghost decorations or other Halloween decorations
- Orange Mesh Tube (or ribbon)
- Pipe cleaners
- Cut the top, bottom and sides off the bag to create two sheets of plastic
- Slice the bags into thin strips (roughly 1-1/2 to 2 inches wide) – you will need roughly three bags
- Fold the strip in half leaving a loop at one end, wrap the two strip ends around the wreath and pull through the loop until tight
- Repeat until the whole wreath is covered
- Wrap the wreath with the orange mesh tube to add some color (I tied this off on the back to hold in place)
- Trim the strips to make them the length you would like
- Attach one ghost figure to the center of the wreath with a pipe cleaner
- Attach the other ghost figure to the top of the wreath to serve as a hanger
This wreath was SO easy to make. I had never created any decorations with a trash bag before but I’ve got to say it was very easy and smelled great too! I picked up some Hefty Ultra Strong Kitchen Trash Bags with Arm & Hammer Odor Control at Walmart and was pleased to see that that bags were priced lower than Glad!
The bags I purchased were scented with Lavender & Sweet Vanilla and as I cut them they scented the air in the dining room (Lucy our dog thought the scent was great!). I’m excited that I have most of the box of Hefty Ultra Strong Kitchen Trash Bags to use in our trash can. I’m can’t wait to test out the Arm & Hammer patented odor neutralizer and experience a fresher smelling kitchen!
The Hefty Ultra Strong Kitchen Trash Bags are Hefty’s best kitchen bag ever and have great features like Active Tear Resistant Technology for superior strength and a break resistant grip drawstring. I think it will be amazing to pull a heavy trash bag out without worrying that the drawstring will rip out or that something will poke a hole in the side of the bag. I love that the bags are Jon Cena tough!
Be sure to download the Hefty coupon here to save $1.00 off your next Hefty Ultra Strong purchase.
If you are looking for more fun Halloween take a look at these ideas below: