School’s out for Summer!
Today is a big day in our house – the last day of Pre-K for Boo Boo! School’s out for summer!! I can’t believe she is old enough to be heading to Kindergarten in the fall. We are going to celebrate the end of the school year by going out to eat tonight – Boo Boo’s choice – Buffalo Wild Wings of course. (If you aren’t a parent you may not realize the BWW has tablets for kids to use while they wait for their food to come out – this is a big selling point for Boo Boo)
Last night was her Pre-K class Rainbow Celebration. They sang a bunch of songs and received certificates. It was super cute! Her Pre-K class is the class of 2028!
Today is Boo Boo’s last official day of school. They were going to have a picnic outside but the weather didn’t really cooperate. I made sunflower cupcakes for the kids as a year end treat! My inspiration came from Bird on a Cake.
- 1 box of cake mix (your choice on flavor) plus ingredients needed to make the cake
- Cupcake papers
- 1 batch of Wilton Recipe Buttercream
- Yellow Wilton food coloring
- 1 package of oreos – divided
- 1 Wilton Disposable piping bag
- Wilton decorating tip #32
- Preheat the oven to 350º (unless package states a different temp).
- Make the cake mix according to the package directions.
- Scoop into cupcake liners in muffin tins
- Bake for amount of time listed on package
- Make Wilton Recipe Buttercream
- Tint to the desired shade of yellow
- After cupcakes cool completely start decorating
- Make a dollop of frosting in the center of the cupcake
- Pipe dots around the edge of the cupcake
- Place the Oreo on the dollop in the center
- Pipe another ring of dots around the Oreo (overlapping the first row of dots)
Chocolate Zucchini Bread and Hand Print Thank You Cards
Boo Boo and I also made the teachers a small present to thank them for being so amazing this year. We made Chocolate Zucchini Bread and a hand print thank you card.
I am excited for summer to start! These past few weeks have been very hectic with a lot of endings. Boo Boo has swim class tomorrow and then we are free for the summer and I can’t wait! I typically don’t schedule the kids for any activities in the summer because I like to be free to make decisions based on the weather. Summer in Maine isn’t long so I don’t want to be stuck inside on the best days!
This was our first year of having a school aged child. Do you have any fun ways you celebrate the first or last days of school? If so please share! Enjoy your summer 🙂