This past weekend I went to York, Maine for a girls weekend. I went with my mom, aunt and cousin. We stayed at the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham in York. We planned to scrapbook, see the sites and shop. This was an awesome central location for us. The York area also provides a ton of family friendly activities.
We visited some of the major sites in York; Long Sands Beach, Nubble Lighthouse, Short Sands Beach and the Cliff Walk. We also went shopping at the Kittery Outlets and drove into Portsmouth, New Hampshire to do some shopping in the vicinity of the mall.
Family Friendly Activities in and around York, Maine
- York’s Wild Kingdom Zoo & Amusement Park
- Long Sands Beach
- Short Sands Beach
- Harbor Beach
- Nubble Lighthouse
- York Trolley
- Fun-O-Rama Arcade
- Shopping/Dining in Downtown York
In the Surrounding Area:
- Kittery Outlets (including all the major kids stores)
- Ogunquit Beach
- Footbridge Beach
- Take Flight Ariel Adventures (Kittery, ME) ***Bigger kids
- Water Country (Portsmouth, N.H.) – 20 minute drive
- Portsmouth Mall (N.H) – 20 minute drive
- Funtown/Splashtown USA (Saco, ME) – 30 minute drive
- Chuck E. Cheese’s (Newington, NH)
You can find some great information about the area by clicking on the picture below:
We had an awesome time on our girls trip but I think that York would be a great place to visit with your family. If you have ever been or could recommend some other places for me to add to my list please leave a comment.