Teacher Appreciation Week
This is Teacher appreciation week and I decided to make a quick little surprise to show Boo Boo’s Pre-K teachers that we love them! I let Boo Boo pick out what kind of cookies we were making from supplies we already had in the house – she picked M&M cookies. I used my standard chocolate chip cookie recipe and substituted M&M’s – I’ve used the recipe before and you can find it in my previous post here.
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1 package (12 oz) M&M's (or whatever kind of candy you would like to use)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional – I never use nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 375º
- Add the butter and sugar to the mixer and blend until fluffy
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix
- Next add the baking soda, salt and flour - mix until fully blended
- Add the M&M's and gently mix
- Use a small cookie scoop and placed 12 cookies per sheet at a time in the oven
- Bake roughly 12 minutes until slightly browned
I found a free printable to use to decorate the cookies at Sweet Metel Moments. You can find it here. After I printed it out on cardstock and trimmed it card size Boo Boo signed it and drew a picture. Since she drew a picture for each specific teacher I also put their names on the front.
Here is the finished product:
Hopefully this brings smiles to the Pre-K classroom this afternoon!