***We received complimentary flower arrangements from FTD in celebration of National Compliment Day – all opinions expressed are our own***
The Top 5 Reasons to Join a Blog Tribe
Are you a blogger? If not this post may not be for you but if you are considering starting a blog or just want to hear the story of how I’ve made it to where I am today read on. I really want to talk about one of the things that has helped me grow the most since I started blogging – joining a blog tribe. If you are scratching your head wondering what that is – don’t worry – so was I. I hadn’t been blogging a year yet when I linked up at a blog hop and the host came and commented on my page. I messaged her with a question and we chatted. She mentioned her blog tribe and I asked what that was and she explained and after discussion with the tribe members invited me to join.
What is a Blog Tribe
A blog tribe is a small group of bloggers – usually in the same niche (i.e kid blogger, lifestyle, fashion, etc.). The members come together to support each other and their blogging efforts. Each tribe does different things but most have a central place (usually a private Facebook group) that they can ask each other questions in, share tips and tricks and even share each others content. Have a group like this is AMAZING – on the days you want to run away and quit they will help you find a reason to keep going. If you have a problem – chances are someone in the group will know how to help or will be able to point you in the right direction.
So let me do a quick run down of the reasons I love my tribe which coincidentally are why you should find a tribe of your own!
Top 5 Reasons to Join a Blog Tribe
- Sense of Community. Blogging can be lonely – you sit at your desk and pour your heart into your work and sometimes feel very alone. Joining a blog tribe will immediately provide you with like-minded individuals to commiserate with and celebrate with. My tribe is great for anything from personal vents to professional celebrations.
- Support. Do you wonder why no one is visiting you blog? Do you want feedback on your pictures or on your blog layout? My tribe has daily threads that we can join in and also is laid back and allows comments or questions at any time.
- Knowledge. In my tribe we all have strengths and weaknesses but luckily most of us have different areas of strength. Some of us are better at photography, some are great at creating pinnable images that pull in traffic. Some are more seasoned bloggers and can offer tips and tricks to try. This knowledge base can help turn you into a much stronger blogger.
- Growth. My blog tribe has helped me grow as a blogger. This has helped me increase both my traffic and my monetary payments for sponsored work. My goal with blogging is to put out content my readers want to follow and also to make enough money to stay home and not go back to work.
- Friendships. I adore my entire blog tribe but it is like any group you belong to – a sports team, the church choir, etc. – where you form closer relationships with certain members. As a stay at home mom/blogger I don’t get out of the house that much so these friendships really are a godsend. Whats even better is that you don’t have to explain to them what blogging is or how that actually is a job!
I want to take a moment to shout out to my friend/confident/mentor/blogging buddy – Deanna! Deanna blogs at Play Dough & Popsicles – head on over to her site to take a peek at some of her great content!
In honor of National Compliment Day (celebrated on January 24th) I wanted to take the time to recognize her and thank her for the large part she has played in my growth as a blogger. You have been a great mentor, friend, and supporter to me! You are a great blogger and always so willing to share your knowledge and help anyway out. Thanks for being there for me – I look forward to being friends with you for years to come!
I hope you enjoyed your flowers 🙂
Isn’t it a nice feeling to get surprise flowers? 🌷🌸It’s so gloomy & stormy today and my sweet friend @craftymamainme sent me flowers! 🌹🌺I feel so loved. Thank you friend!! 😘 P.S. @ftdflowers did a fantastic job. 👍🏻 They are beautiful and I didn’t even have to arrange them. They were perfect right out of the box!
This was our first post collaboration where we really started to talk more – I’m so glad that this brought us together!