10 Great Decorations for the Christmas Tree
Each and every year, months before Christmas, kids start to question how long until Christmas comes! Is it the same in your home? We like to keep kids occupied and prolong their anticipation with crafting many a Kids Craft and especially DIY Christmas ornaments every year! Will you join us this year? They make wonderful little gifts that kids can give at Christmas and are a great way to also decorate gifts. We also have some amazing Christmas Sewing Projects to make and gift.
- Reindeers and Christmas are inseparable, right? We love seeing adorable little reindeers, and when they look as cute as this felt Christmas reindeer ornament, you can’t resist to make a whole lot of them!
- For kids who are eager to learn how to sew, easy felt stars are perfect ornament to make this Christmas. Super easy and when presented with bunch of different items for decorations, it’s super fun to make as well!
- We like to mix things up and add different themed ornaments on our Christmas tree. So, crochet fox ornament also found a way to our Christmas tree. Adorable, isn’t it? If you like fox crafts, we have made lots in the past!
- With Christmas falling in winter season, it’s easy to add some of the winter crafts and decorations to Christmas holiday. We love these quick to make penguin softies you can make and hang on your Christmas tree. You can choose few other penguin ornaments and make them too!
- If you prefer paper crafts, we prepared a printable template to use and make adorable 3D reindeer ornament! Quick to make and looks so cute hanging on Christmas tree. You can even string many together and make a garland!
- Kids always ask: Will it snow on Christmas? It’s one of the things so many associate with Christmas. If your kids are also looking forward to white Christmas, invite them to make few of these lovely pipe cleaner snowflakes!
- Another pretty easy to make Christmas ornament, even for kids as young as toddlers and preschoolers – pipe cleaner Christmas tree. We used them for Christmas garland, but you can easily just hang easy one separately on Christmas tree as an ornament.
- For unicorn fans, Christmas is another opportunity to add them to holiday decorations! There are many unicorn crafts to choose from, but we love these adorable and easy unicorn ornaments made from paper and wool! Cute!
- Use smaller wooden slices to make wood slice snowman ornament or use larger ones and turn your snowman into decorative piece for Christmas mantel.You can even use it to decorate your front porch! Which one will you choose?
- Christmas crafting provides an opportunity for younger children to work on their fine motor skills. Great example is this yarn wrapped Christmas tree which can be decorated in number of ways. Let your child’s imagination run wild as they pick materials for their wrapped tree!
From easy crafts for kids who are younger like toddlers and preschoolers, to more elaborate, like Christmas sewing crafts for kids – we have done so many over years! My kids ADORE crafting and we often use crafting sessions in our home as a way to bond as a family. We wish you lots of crafting and lots of bonding this holiday season!