Girl Paw Patrol Themed Masks from Upcycled Milk Jugs
Paw Patrol, Paw Patrol…I think I hear the theme song in my sleep! Right now my world is very Paw Patrol centered as I gear up for Boo Boo’s 6th birthday party. She loves the girl pups and you don’t find much in terms of party accessories that feature either Everest or Skye. That being said I decided to create Girl Paw Patrol Themed Masks from upcycled milk jugs.
- Skye mask
- Everest mask
- 2 empty and clean milk jugs
- Permanent Marker
- Utility Blade
- Hot Glue Gun
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- First print out the masks – the Skye link is already a printable so it prints correctly sized. The Everest link you will have to play with the size to print it correctly to use for a mask.
- Cut the masks out to be used as a template
- Use the utility blade and cut the milk jug – cut the top and bottom off and then cut down a side to create a flat piece of plastic
- Trace the masks onto the empty milk jugs (I used one jug per mask)
- Use the scissors to cut the mask out
- Attach the printed paper mask onto the milk jug mask with hot glue (you could also draw the mask onto the plastic if you are artistic)
- Use the utility blade and cut the eye holes out of the plastic
- Use the utility blade to make small holes in the sides of the mask to attach ribbon to tie the mask on. (Or you could attach a Popsicle stick to the bottom of the mask to allow it to be held up instead of worn)
- Wear and have fun!
The masks came out great! The milk jugs created a stable surface that will help the masks be a lot more durable then if I had just printed them out of cardstock. My daughter loves them and that is what matters to me!
Take a look below for some additional Upcycling Ideas with plastic this week in our Earth Month Upcycle Series.
Using Plastic Containers for Seed Starters from Kara Carrero
How to Make this Fantastic Plastic Bottle Terrarium from Witty Hoots
How to Build a Juice Jug Greenhouse from Nemcsok Farms
Upcycled Plastic Suncatchers from Books and Giggles
I love the bingo cards!!! Thank you for sharing!!!
I’m glad you like them 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!