Kids in the Kitchen: Make Fun Minions Donuts
Do your kids love the Minions? If so Get Ready for Despicable Me with these Fun Minions Donuts! Have the kids help make fun Minions Donuts prior to the movie or after you come home. These fun Minions Donuts would also be great for birthday party treats as well!
My kids love to get into the kitchen and help bake with me. We love to work together and make fun baked goods. It’s even more fun when we make themed items that go along with movies! Gather up your ingredients and get ready to go Minion Crazy!
- 1 box of cake mix (we used Krispy Kreme Cake Mix)
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup of Water
- 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- Yellow Wilton Candy Melts
- Blue Wilton Candy Melts
- Wilton Candy Eyes
- Black Icing Gel
- Wilton Donut Pan
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- Pour donut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the donut mix into the donut pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt yellow candy melts in microwave or with this Wilton Melting Pot
- Dip the top of each donut into the yellow candy melts. Let harden for 5 minutes.
- Melt blue candy melts in microwave or with this Wilton Melting Pot
- Dip the bottom half of the donuts into the blue candy melts for the Minions outfit. Let harden for 5 minutes.
- Place candy eyes on the donut and use black icing gel to surround the eye to create goggles. Then use the black icing gel to create hair and a smile!