Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
So yesterday Boo Boo comes running off the bus in her normal happy manner – I take her backpack and check her folder…inside there is the notice I have dreaded finding all year. I can’t believe in May we have received a notice stating there has been a confirmed case of head lice in the Pre-K classroom. My head has been itching since I read it. Please everyone think positive thoughts – fingers crossed we do not end up with lice. Boo Boo’s hair is so thick, long, and curly I think we would both be crying while trying to get through all of her hair with that tiny lice comb.
But I digress…after reading that notice my stress level elevated and I decided to bake something as it always makes me happy. I had a little bit of time before I had to take Boo Boo to her swim class so I decided to whip up some Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies. These things are amazing. The recipe comes directly from Shugary Sweets. I keep the ingredients on hand pretty much year round as they are easy to make in a short period of time and a fan favorite!
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cup quick cook oatmeal (I always use old fashioned oatmeal)
- 1 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces (I use the bag from the baking aisle with the mini pieces)
- In a large pot combine the sugar, milk and butter.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and add the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir until fully mixed.
- Next add the oatmeal and stir until fully coated.
- Finally mix in the Reese’s Pieces.
I use a cookie scoop to make uniform cookies. Scoop the cookies onto aluminum foil or parchment paper (I usually get this ready while the sugar mixture is heating up). Let the cookies set for at least 20 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do! Every time I bring them to a BBQ or party people love them. Have a great day 🙂