Toy Story Themed Birthday Party
Buddy just turned 4 – oh my goodness – where did the time go??? This year his party was Toy Story themed. This post is a roundup of all the stuff I did for his party this year. I will do a few detailed posts (that I’ll link to here) but the rest of the basic party information will be here.
Buddy is a boy that doesn’t really like watching TV to much – he has to much energy to stop and sit still. The only movies that consistently draw him in are the Toy Story’s (1,2 or 3 – he doesn’t discriminate). Buddy was Woody for Halloween when he was two (or Toody as he said Woody back then).
For my kiddos parties I always use a combination of store bought and homemade items.
This party I purchased the following Toy Story themed items. Usually I buy most of my party items on Amazon but this time they were cheaper at our local Party City.
- Plates and cups (I found these in a combo pack at Marden’s – score!! If you don’t know Marden’s is our local discount/salvage store)
- Candles – 4 pack
- Pin the Badge on Woody Game
- Tattoos – for the favor bags
- Balloons to blow up
- Helium balloons – we get these the day of the party
- Custom T-shirts for the kids (Woody for Buddy and Elsa for Boo Boo). I ordered these from Sewcially Chic on Etsy and they came out great.
- Water Bottle Labels: I found a free template for water bottle labels at Rook 17. They are super cute and easy to use.
- Bingo: I found a free printable Bingo game from Six Sisters’ Stuff. My kids and their cousins love playing Bingo.
- Andy’s Room Drawings: I printed a few of these to hang up as decor. I used the one that says Andy’s Room on our front door to great guests.
Buddy and I did some Pinterest searching and found ideas for a piñata, favor bags, the food and the cake.
- Piñata: The inspiration for the piñata came from this pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/316870523761064558/. Click on the image below to go to my tutorial on making the piñata.
- Favor Bags: The inspiration for the favor bags came from A Diamond in the Stuff. I made a tutorial that can be found by clicking on the image below.
- Cake: The inspiration for the cake came from 3 Little Things… You can find my post dedicated to making the cake by clicking the image below.
- Fruit Rockets (I love things that the kids can help make and so do they!)
- Peas in a Pod Veggies
- Slinky Dog’s Cheese, Pepperoni & Cracker Tray
- Mr & Mrs Potato Head Chips
- Galaxy Moon Rocks (Cheese balls)
- Rex’s Party Mix (party mix is a tradition in our house – the birthday kiddo gets to pick their favorite ingredients)
- Hamm’s Pigs in a Blanket
- Pizza Planet Pizza
- Space Ranger Fuel (water & juice boxes for kids – soda for adults)
I didn’t get pictures of the food set up unfortunately. I didn’t make food labels either but you definitely could.
We had a great time at Buddy’s party. The kids got to play outside with bare feet on an unusually warm day for September here in Maine. Buddy had fun playing with all of his cousins and opening up presents.
If you are looking for more party inspiration you can find additional ideas on my Birthday Party Board on Pinterest here: